Tuesday, March 3, 2009

myspace mutants

I got a text the other day from a friend, reminding me to post some more myspace mutants, that he and a few other friends were talking about it.
Man, I want to, so bad. . . but it is not natural for me, writing wise. And by that, I don't mean morally. I love making fun of weird motherfuckers.
It just doesn't flow for me. I wanna just sit down, and type crap- not type, post a pic, dig through a blog, harvest more funny pictures, repeat. I guess the end result is pretty fun, though.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about "their," "they're," and "there."

Just so that I get the simple out of the way (for the stupid people), this is what each word means:

Their: A possessive term. Simple. Example: "That is their stool. I know this, because they left it there."

Hmm.

This neatly segues to there.

There: A fucking place, dude. Simple. Example: "Have you been to Boston? No, I have never been there, but I hear they're known for their beans."

Damn! See how I am building one principle upon the next?




Our last word today is, "they're."

They're: They are. HENCE THE APOSTROPHE. IT IS CALLED A CONTRACTION. "Some words can be combined to create a new word. When combined, they're called a contraction. Anyone who doesn't know what a contraction is should have their license to live revoked."
There. I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment